Re: NVDA does not read the context menu in the Edge browser

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 10:32 PM, Blake Roberts wrote:
Or you can download another Chromium-based browser such as Brave. I might try Brave myself, so that I will have a third browser which does not start with the letter I.
-
Blake,

I use Brave, Chrome, Edge, and Vivaldi as well as Firefox.  The first four in that list are all Chromium-based browsers, and if you actually want another in your browser quiver consider Vivaldi as well as Brave.  I really like both because of their focus on browser privacy to the greatest extent possible and built-in ad blocking features.  I have to use uBlock Origin in Edge and Chrome for ad blocking, and it's really impossible to do anything with regard to the data mining that goes with Chrome (and, probably to a lesser extent, but still there, with Edge).

Firefox works well with NVDA, and they have been taking more of a privacy bent in recent releases, too, but that's still not one of their primary foci.

When it comes right down to it, none of us has any right to expect any specific browser (or other software) will necessary work as we hope it would.  That's why, these days, having the number of browser options we do, almost all of which are accessible, is a wonderful development.  There's more than one for everyone.

      ~ Brian Vogel