Re: Webex Accessibility Regression

Olcay AŞCI

Hi,

We also use WebX for meetings at the company I work for. This is exactly the problem I'm having as well. We have raised these issues with local Cisco representatives serving our company. They told us we should use the web version for a while. This is ridiculous; because using the web version slows me down in the business environment. As long as I don't need to make a presentation at the meeting, I attend the meetings using a mobile application. I use the web version when I need to present. cisco did not use a standard interface shell in its WebX implementation. This seems to be due entirely to that.

Olcay Aşcı

NVDA Uzmanlık Sertifikası (NVDA Certified Expert)

Digital Product Designer (Dijital Ürün Tasarımcısı) Vodafone Türkiye

En İyi Deneyim projesi yöneticisi ve sahibi

Takip edin:

Twitter'de en iyi deneyim Twitter'da Olcay Aşcı

LinkedIn Olcay Aşcı FaceBook Olcay Aşcı

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of kyleborah1234321@...
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 5:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Webex Accessibility Regression

Hello all,

As a bit of an introduction, I have recently started a software developer job where I am consistently using Windows again after  trying to run far away from it for the past 6 years. We use WebEx for meetings and early last week (the week of the 14-18 of June 2021), The join a meeting screen has suddenly become inaccessible. This is the screen that lets you make sure you have your video and audio set up correctly before joining. NVDA sees the window, but can not see anything in it. If I perform OCR with NVDA+r, It says, "Content is not visible." I have received visual confirmation that the window is on the screen and looks okay. I can also access it with narrator. But NVDA doesn't work. I have tried launching NVDA under an admin account and with addons disabled, but nothing seems to work.
Obviously I can join from my phone, and I can get into the meetings with narrator, But I would really like this to work with NVDA like it used to.

Has anyone come across this? I tried to do some searching on the page here, but it doesn't seem you are able to search here on groups.io. Am I mistaken about this?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.