Re: Webex Accessibility Regression

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 12:50 PM, Olcay AŞCI wrote:
They told us we should use the web version for a while. This is ridiculous; because using the web version slows me down in the business environment.
-
That's a perfectly appropriate workaround.  Would you rather have no access in a business environment?

No one has said that the underlying issue will not be addressed and I'd actually be surprised if it wasn't, eventually.

You're a part of the development cycle, and the prioritization that goes into it, like anyone else.  Being given a functional workaround, even if it's suboptimal, is in no way, shape, or form "ridiculous" for use while a fix is being worked on (or even, worst case, if it weren't and that were your only option - it's still a workable option).

No company is obligated to give you accessibility in your preferred format, just that you be given accessibility.  Just as no company is obligated to provide you with your preferred screen reader, just that a screen reader capable of being used for the work expected is provided.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

~ Brian Vogel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.