Re: Differential behavior with NVDA Portable versus Installed when working with Microsoft Word on windows 10

Marten Post Uiterweer

Hi Walter,

You could try to delete the nvda profile.
First close the local copy of nvda.
you can use the portable version of nvda or narrator to do this.
Open the startmenu type:
%appdata%
enter and there is an nvda folder. delete or rename this folder and
start the local copy of nvda. It will create a new profile.
you have to know, that also vocalizer voices and plugins are removed
this way, so you have to install them again.

Kind regards, Marten

On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 20:39:03 +0200 "Walter via groups.io" <walterzuiderwijk=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi I just wanted to introduce myself.
My name is Walter Zuiderwijk I have an NVDA problem at work.
When I start a portable version of NVDA and I open microsoft it gets blocked. Then I get the message that the program is closing and a solution is given if it is available.
When I then started NVDA locally from the computer together with someone, there was nothing to worry about, which was an older version than the portable version, which was the newest version.
Do you maybe know what the problem is?
Thank you very much for any solution

Kind regards walter

Groet Walter