Re: Community Add-Ons: Compatibility Status Page with NVDA 2021.1 - Please Consult It First #adminnotice

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 10:06 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
The add-ons community has prepared a status page listing add-ons hosted on community add-ons website and their NVDA 2021.1 compatibility status:

-
Just giving this message a bump, and now adding some questions of my own.

We had a message regarding the Weather Plus Add-On after its transition away from using Yahoo as its base data source.  The above noted page states that it is compatible with NVDA 2021.1, but has not been updated on the Community Add-Ons page, yet, and this makes sense because 2021.1 has not been officially released, yet.

Am I correct in believing that any add-on that is compatible with 2021.1 will be incompatible with all earlier releases?  That's what I'd assume when the term "backwards compatibility breaking" release is used, both for NVDA itself and its compatible add-ons.

Is a "flash cut" as far as getting the 2021.1 compatible versions of all add-ons uploaded to the community add-ons page, and the line about compatibility for each respective add on, planned as of this time?  I realize the date will depend on exactly when 2021.1 goes from release candidate stage to actual release, but want to know if there will be an almost "light switch being thrown" updating to the community add-ons page concurrent with the release.

--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

~ Brian Vogel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.