locked Re: Windows 11 accessibility

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart wrote:
Are Microsoft even calling it Windows 11?
=
Yes, what had been known by the code name Sun Valley, and been developed as what had been slated to be Windows 10, Version 20H2, has been officially rebranded as Windows 11 by Microsoft a short while ago.

Note carefully what I said above.  There will be no significant accessibility changes (except for a few possible regression bugs and/or actual improvements to accessibility) in Windows 11 because it is, and always has been, the next feature update.

Why a redesigned UI, and that's the main difference in this release, warrants a rebranding as a whole new Windows version number is anyone's guess, and only the marketing geniuses at Microsoft really know.

But let's not pretend that this is some major version change like 7 to 8 and 8 to 10 were, because it's not.

      ~ Brian Vogel