Re: Accessible imaging Software with NVDA?

jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Mostly depends on if you want to do the imaging from within Linux or Windows. In Windows, I'd use the talking PE and not the one from Brian ssmart, there's one that's updated more often

If you want to make the image from within a Linux environment, you could use clonezilla, which can be found in the latest versions of the Talking arch live system.

I don't have the link for either here on hand, but I can get both of them, if you are interested. The talking PE is the one that's updated by a guy, Carlos, over on the techtalk list. I can personally vouch for the PE for making images of my windows systems, as that's what I use and it works extreamly well.
Hope that helps. :)
Take care.
Brandon Keith Biggs wrote:

Hello,
Does anyone know of any accessible imaging software (preferably free) that will allow me to backup all my installed programs and files, preferably customize them, then allow me to install the image on a new computer with similar hardware?
I have been asked to setup around 50 computers with the exact same programs and file structure and then maintain them.
I know of all kinds of imaging programs:
Macrium Reflect
Acronis True Image
Symantec Ghost Solution Suite
AOMEI Backupper
Image for Windows
O&O DiskImage Professional
Paragon Backup (The one Microsoft uses in their stores and one I would like to use)
StorageCraft ShadowProtect Desktop
Cobian Backup

And the list goes on...

So what have people used? Also, would it be possible to install the image with NVDA?
I see there is Winstaller, but it doesn't look like a traditional imaging program, so I don't know if it allows installing images on similar hardware which is critical here.
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs <http://brandonkeithbiggs.com/>