Re: Webex Accessibility Regression

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 11:11 AM, David Goldfield wrote:
while it would be ideal for a QA team to perform manual testing with NVDA, JAWS, Narrator, Supernova, VoiceOver on Mac, VoiceOver on iOS and Talkback on Android the team might not have that amount of bandwidth. If they only test with just one screen reader I’m both impressed as well as satisfied. I’m speaking as a product manager who works on an accessibility team at a media and technology company and so I think I’m looking at this issue with what I hope is a balanced perspective.
-
My deepest thanks for this insight from someone who's currently "in the trenches."  It's exactly what I'd expect, as there are certain aspects of IT that fall into the category:
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.    [In English:  The more things change, the more they remain the same.]

And we all know that ideals, any ideals, are very seldom met by we mere mortals.  A long deceased cousin of a dear deceased aunt of mine had a particularly salty way of putting it when people are wishing for something, particularly an ideal situation:  Wish in one hand and defecate in the other and see which gets full first.   I believe the readership knows the salty substitute for defecate.  That observation has stuck with me from the first moment I heard it, and I had to have been under 15 years old, because of the absolute truth of it.  Some things just ain't gonna happen.

      ~ Brian Vogel