Re: NVDA crashes

Luke Davis

Don H wrote:

The only issue I continue to have with NVDA is the loss of the normal hot keys for NVDA. All the hot keys stop working and I have found the only way to get them working again is to restart NVDA. In this case I can not close NVDA before I do this as the insert q key doesn't work.
Yes, happens to me several times per day. Quite annoying. Fortunately, there's nothing wrong with pressing Control+Alt+n to restart it--it terminates the previous copy as part of startup, so there's no reason to worry about not having pressed NVDA+q.

After looking at a debug log, I've found that what is really happening is that the windows key is getting virtually stuck. So all the combinations have Windows included with them.
I do not know what causes that, and I also don't know if it's the same on every system where this happens.
Feel free to turn on debug logging and send me a log (%temp%\nvda-old.log) the next time this happens and you have restarted NVDA, and I can see if it's the same for you.

Luke