Re: Is doing a completely clean install of windows 10 screen reader accessible?

Arlene

Geen I have no problems. I did have some minor ones. I fixed them myself. They did goaway. I would do a clean format as the last resort.  I did a windows repair and it was fixed.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Gene
Sent: June 26, 2021 12:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is doing a completely clean install of windows 10 screen reader accessible?

Why do you want to start over in that way and is a reinstallation of Windows the best way to solve your problems?

I’m going into this not just for you, but because I see this repeatedly and often when people ask questions.  What problems are you trying to solve?  Repeatedly, I see people ask how to do something because they think it is the way or the best way to accomplish what they want and they don’t explain the problems or what they are trying to accomplish.  the result is either bad help or help that takes far longer than necessary to get to the proper points to discuss.  When people ask how to do something and don’t explain what the specific problems are they are trying to solve, we can’t address those problems.  We can answer the how question but we have no way of knowing or discussing if that is the way to solve a problem in the first place or if it  is the best way to solve the problem.

Could your problems be better solved by some sort of Windows repair, perhaps by running System File checker or something else?  None of this is being discussed where it might be if we knew the problems you are having.

If you do a completely clean installation of Windows, you must reinstall every program and set every setting you changed anywhere in the past for anything on your computer that you don’t access in the cloud.