Amateur programmer, looking to create accessible programs

arnoldsummerspbem@...

Hi,

I'm an amateur programmer who is sighted, but I am looking to create applications that are as accessible as possible. Are there any good resources for learning how to optimize one's programs for screen reader use? My particular focus would be NVDA, which is why I'm here. My strongest language is Python, though for various reasons I have been contemplating writing applications in C# and would prefer to use that. Naturally, I'm focusing on Windows environments for now. I am really at a loss trying to find developer guides for the purpose. I'm hoping to find suitable introductory material, but if I need to jump directly into documentation, I'll do that. I just don't know where to look, and I'm hoping that someone out there can provide some guidance. My ignorance of the subject matter is profound, but this is as good a time as any to educate myself, I guess.

Thanks!