Loss of Speech at Sign-in Screen after period of inactivity

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

I am using Windows 10 and NVDA 2020.4.  Sometimes, after a period of time without any activity and when left at the sign-in screen, I lose speech from NVDA at the sign-in screen.  Generally, this happens after a period of inactivity lasting a day or more.  NVDA becomes totally sluggish; sputtering and not speaking the various fields on the sign-in screen as I tab around them.  This makes it impossible to sign-in; causing me to make a hard reboot.  After the reboot, speech at the sign-in screen is normal.

Why is this?  How can I prevent it?

Thanks,

Richard