Re: Amateur programmer, looking to create accessible programs

udit pandey

hi arnold sir ,
i can help you in testing you can send me your programs and i will tell you if they are fine after running on my system
sir i have a question that is it necessary to take maths and science for become a programer
pls help me sir

On Sun, 27 Jun 2021 at 21:20, Rich DeSteno <axcruncher@...> wrote:

Create programs that generate text on the screen, and not graphics, and you will have accessible programs for blind computer users.  This is especially true when the program operates in the Windows console and not in its GUI.  I have created and distributed many such games and they have been used worldwide by screen-reader users.  You can create such programs in virtually any programming language, including C#, C++, C, Python, and so on.  You can even enhance such programs by having them play wav sound files at various points, such as in games.

Rich De Steno
On 6/27/2021 10:27 AM, tim wrote:

You might want to join program-l@...

There are a few c++ and Microsoft vips.

On 6/26/2021 9:36 PM, arnoldsummerspbem@... wrote:
Hi,

I'm an amateur programmer who is sighted, but I am looking to create applications that are as accessible as possible. Are there any good resources for learning how to optimize one's programs for screen reader use? My particular focus would be NVDA, which is why I'm here. My strongest language is Python, though for various reasons I have been contemplating writing applications in C# and would prefer to use that. Naturally, I'm focusing on Windows environments for now. I am really at a loss trying to find developer guides for the purpose. I'm hoping to find suitable introductory material, but if I need to jump directly into documentation, I'll do that. I just don't know where to look, and I'm hoping that someone out there can provide some guidance. My ignorance of the subject matter is profound, but this is as good a time as any to educate myself, I guess.

Thanks!