Re: Question about using the elements list on a page with a large quantity of information

Gene

I should change what I said. If you are reading mail as plain text, you shouldn’t hear that the list dialog is unavailable.  You shouldn’t hear anything when you use the command NVDA key f7 because you aren’t in browse mode.

You might as well try what I said but since you hear an announcement that the list dialog is unavailable, I don’t know why.  It should be available when you are using Browse mode.

Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2021 5:28 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question about using the elements list on a page with a large quantity of information

If it is unavailable, you are almost certainly reading mail as plain text.  To test this, open a message, then use the command alt shift n.  This will cause the opened message to display as HTMl.  If you close and reopen the message, you will have to use the command again to get it to display as HTML.  You can change settings in Windows Live Mail to have all mail display as HTML but you may want to use this command where you want this done instead.

Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2021 5:06 PM

I think that it would be helpful to have NVDA say something like "Loading
elements list", similar to how it indicates that a web page is loading in a
browser.  I've put the url to the page I was trying to work with below my
signiture.  When I tryed to access the Hyperlink dialog in Windows live
mail, it indicated that it was unavailable.  I have done it successfully in
Microsoft Word 2007, although I know both the programs are unsupported.  I'm
working with Windows 10 Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1052) and Microsoft
EdgeVersion 91.0.864.59 (Official build) (64-bit)

Thanks,

Louise
https://www.gutenberg.org/browse/authors/w