Re: microsoft says that there is a bug in the edge brouser

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 05:40 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
This while a bit clumsy, does work for me.
-
Ron,

No, I did not, but that's because I don't depend on a screen reader.  I understand, perfectly, that it's different if you do.

Yours is another workaround, and it's a fine one if someone wants to use it.  I do know it would drive me crazy if using the screen reader and I'd far prefer to punt to an alternative browser, whether Firefox, or one of the Chromium-based ones, until the fix to Edge occurs, and you can be certain it will occur.

Regression bugs are a fact of life, and not only in the context of those who use screen readers.  It's precisely the reason that those of us who are technology teachers always say you must, not should, but must, have a "Plan B," even if you don't like it nearly as well as your usual "Plan A," so that if something breaks in Plan A you can keep working until that break is fixed.  And when it comes to web browsers in particular, there is no reason that anyone should end up being the proverbial "deer in the headlights" if their chosen browser breaks.  There are just too many very, very similar options these days, all of which are screen reader accessible.

      ~ Brian Vogel