Re: Question about using the elements list on a page with a large quantity of information

Gene

I can’t discuss what happens today when computers are faster than mine.  But my computer was a moderately fast machine for its time eleven years ago.  When I open the links list, it takes about one and one half seconds for the list to open.  If I shift tab and move to another radio button such as headings, it then takes perhaps three seconds for that list to appear.

I am not making any assumptions about what other people experience.

Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question about using the elements list on a page with a large quantity of information

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 04:48 PM, Louise Pfau wrote:
I haven’t tried to access any other sites with something in the region of thousands of elements (links, headings, etc).
-
That's because no actually "designed" rather than generated web pages would contain thousands of elements.  When I checked out that page, while the layout is perfectly readable, it goes on and on and on and on.  It appears that a database was dumped, wholesale, on to a single web page.  This is just not typical, at all.

      ~ Brian Vogel