Re: Question about using the elements list on a page with a large quantity of information

Gene

I can’t discuss what happens today when computers are faster than mine.  But my computer was a moderately fast machine for its time eleven years ago.  When I open the links list, it takes about one and one half seconds for the list to open.  If I shift tab and move to another radio button such as headings, it then takes perhaps three seconds for that list to appear. 

I am not making any assumptions about what other people experience.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question about using the elements list on a page with a large quantity of information

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 04:48 PM, Louise Pfau wrote:
I haven’t tried to access any other sites with something in the region of thousands of elements (links, headings, etc).
-
That's because no actually "designed" rather than generated web pages would contain thousands of elements.  When I checked out that page, while the layout is perfectly readable, it goes on and on and on and on.  It appears that a database was dumped, wholesale, on to a single web page.  This is just not typical, at all.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

~ Brian Vogel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.