Re: Question about using the elements list on a page with a large quantity of information

Gene

I’m discussing typical pages such as The new York Times home page which has about 104 links.  I should correct my estimate for accuracy.  I checked just now and it took about one second to bring up the links list and something like one and one half seconds to bring up the headings list when I used the radio buttons to move to it.

I have no idea what people generally experience with newer machines.

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 4:15 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question about using the elements list on a page with a large quantity of information

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 05:11 PM, Gene wrote:
When I open the links list, it takes about one and one half seconds for the list to open.
-
On the page:  https://jeff.tdrealms.com/Described_Movies.md?

I've got machines that are fairly new, and fairly fast, and for a page like that, with over 4K links, it takes way more than a second or two for the Elements dialog to open.  As I noted on June 21st:  I just tested out the page Giles offered (for which I thank you) on my machine, an HP Envy 15 TS laptop with an i7-4700MQ processor, 16GB RAM, and an SSD, and it took NVDA about 8 seconds to present the Elements List for that page.  That's a definitely noticeable pause between hitting INS+F7 and the resulting dialog being presented.

I cannot imagine older hardware being faster, though stranger things have happened.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

~ Brian Vogel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.