Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 4:15 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question about using the elements list on a page with a large quantity of information

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 05:11 PM, Gene wrote:
When I open the links list, it takes about one and one half seconds for the list to open.
-
On the page:  https://jeff.tdrealms.com/Described_Movies.md?

I've got machines that are fairly new, and fairly fast, and for a page like that, with over 4K links, it takes way more than a second or two for the Elements dialog to open.  As I noted on June 21st:  I just tested out the page Giles offered (for which I thank you) on my machine, an HP Envy 15 TS laptop with an i7-4700MQ processor, 16GB RAM, and an SSD, and it took NVDA about 8 seconds to present the Elements List for that page.  That's a definitely noticeable pause between hitting INS+F7 and the resulting dialog being presented.

I cannot imagine older hardware being faster, though stranger things have happened.

      ~ Brian Vogel