Re: cannot check boxes.

On Sun, Jul 4, 2021 at 08:03 PM, Gene wrote:
I’m saying that, in a case like this, where a major site is not usable by a widely used screen-reader and browser or class of browsers, that site is not accessible.
-
And I have said nothing that contradicts that in regard to this specific site from the outset.

For the love of heaven, Gene, please read, and respond to, what I have actually written, with the entire context of an ongoing conversation being used as the framework.  I don't make additions to a topic like this that are each meant to stand, independently, of all others.

My very first response was to take this up with customer support since the only change had been to the website.  The screen reader and browser were the same as have been used with their site's prior iteration.

My second was advising the offering of the specific institution in question, as it's really impossible to know whether anyone else may have found an accessibility method that you (the generic you) didn't, somehow.

Talking about issues like this in the abstract is as close to a complete waste of time as one can get.  I could say, I can't access the subscription management page for my local newspaper, and it would be entirely useless to discuss unless I could give the exact URL, or say something like it's a Gannett paper and uses their subscription system (as there are hundreds of papers owned and run under the Gannett name and software).

I understand the abstract concepts regarding accessibility.  They're just of little use when discussing a specific situation and whether anyone may, or may not, have discovered a workaround.  Talking about issues with accessibility without specifics makes trying to find a solution akin to trying to nail jello to a tree.

      ~ Brian Vogel