Re: NVDA 2021.1 RC2 available

Quentin Christensen

Just to clarify the answer for the original poster - NVDA 2021.1 introduces a few changes such that add-ons which worked when 2020.4 was released won't work with 2021.1.  The authors will need to update and re-release them, and in something like 2/3 of add-ons this has already happened.  See the link Gene shared: https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/nvdacompat.en.html

We anticipate most add-ons should be updated and work by the time the final version comes out in a week or so, and most of the rest not long after that.  If you do have any add-ons which are listed as not compatible on that list, it's worth sending the add-on developer an email to check they are working on it.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 7:13 PM hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

Hi

If you want to use nvda 2021.1 when it comes out you will need to use add ons that are compatible with this version.

The following page should help you work out which ones are compatible with the newer version nvda 2021.1 If it says they are not then your older add ons will not work on this version.

the link to this page is https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/nvdacompat.en.html

Gene nz

On 5/07/2021 9:05 pm, Ian Blackburn wrote:
What does it mean when it says that the release candidate breaks support for add-ons
Can I put the release candidate and then add all my add-ons back on again
Or can I not add any add-ons at all

On 5 Jul 2021, at 3:30 pm, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

NVDA 2021.1 Release Candidate 2 (RC2) is now available for download & testing. We encourage all users to download this RC & provide feedback. Unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to the final 2021.1 release. New features & download at https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-1rc2/

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager