Re: object enhancer addon

Rui Fontes

Hello!

I am not the best person to answer those questions since I am not the author and my knowledge of the add-on is from some basic tests...

But, let's go to the answers:

I wonder if you could give a concrete example of how this add on works.

Let's assume the QTranslate app...

It have some buttons and three edit fields unlabelled...

Focused in a unlabelled edit field, you press NVDA+Control+Tab to invoke the create definition dialog...

The first thing is gaving a name to the defition.

Tabing you will get to Filter criteria. One more tab and you can activate the add buton to add a criteria. In this case I have selected windowControlID; Value: 0 since I knew the ID are different to each control...

The program will add the respective ID number to the form and you just press Confirm...

Keep tabing, you will find Attribute changes.

One more tab and activate the add button.

Here I have choosed name, because I want to give a name to the button...

The other controls I have not yet explored properly...

Is it something like a JAWS graphics labeller?

No, more like Control ID labeller, or something like that, also accessed with Insert+control+Tab... If my memory do not fail...

If so, if you make the changes, will this affect other such buttons/items that exist in other programs where they are properly operating before any changes?

No, each definition is saved in a file with the name of the app in regard...

Rui Fontes