Brailliant 32 maths input query

Jane Sharp

Hi

I’m using a Humanware Brailliant 32 with NVDA, with the Braille Extender Add-on installed. When brailling into Notepad it works just fine for letters but when I try and braille maths I have to leave a space between each character or press the dots for the first braille cell twice. So for example, if I want 3(x+4), I would have to press 3456 twice followed by 14 to get number sign 3, then press dot 5 twice followed by 126 to get left paren etc. or leave a space between each character. Can anyone suggest how I can change this behaviour?

Jane