Re: two questions.

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>

I have also seen the Windows Explore has stopped working as well, but from what I can gather both of these things happen in normal use by the sighted and hence my suspicion is that some other software is screwing it up. The worst case is when explorer goes without actually giving any warning resulting in silence. You cannot even reboot nvda as the shrotcuts on the desktop freeze as well. One then has two options. pressthe power button or go and make some tea and see if the fault protection decides to reboot explorer after some time. It can take minutes or just sit there.
Often reviewing the nvda log shows just frozen in stack errors during the silent times.

Funnily enough I've had less of this in 10 since I added a mod to use normal windows 7 menu bars, but that might just be a coincidence as the standard win 10 and nvda seems unable to tell you about updating installed reliably.

Windows 7 itself has these issues too, but as I do not use html 5 stuff much I'd not want to comment on if this is the issue.
In normal explorer the crash is normally due to one trying to be too fast with doing things.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "ken lawrence via Groups.io" <kenlawrence124=aol.com@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2016 7:59 PM
Subject: [nvda] two questions.

Hi listers. two questions. first the harder one. I know on the newest NVDA update it says that it recognizes HTML 5 elements on internet explorer. I have noticed on both pandora and on blip FM the sites react with the space bar on items. for example on pandora I can now switch stations and shuffle all my stations on IE. but there is a problem with IE every so often the browser stops and you get that, Internet explorer has stopped working, “a problem” caused the program to stop working correctly. notice the words A problem in quotes. it doesn’t happen on chrome or firefox but even though chromes reads stations and the shuffle as clickable it says, “clickable clickable clickable shuffle,” the space, mouse button nore the enter key no response. Is NVDA not able to recognize the HTML elements on firefox and chrome or is there another thing I need to do. hit the incert minus and NVDA says move to focus but mouse button has no effect on it. any ideas. second I saw in blind bargains something that says take the NV access survey for new features? has that been posted here on list?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.