Re: OpenOffice?

Devin Prater

I've thought about switching to Jarte, but I don't know if it has formatting features, like bold, italics and all that.

Devin Pratersent from Gmail.

On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 12:03 AM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:
Hmmm I really wish those things worked together.
The way office is going, its causing loads of issues, the best version seems to be 2007 or 2010 as long as you don't have to uninstall it.
I have jarte for a wordprocesser.
I am unsure but there was a program called lotus symphony, true thats not developed anymore but if that works well.

On 16/09/2016 11:25 p.m., Walmir Schultz via Groups.io wrote:
            Hi,

For my use, OpenOffice is even worse than LibreOffice.

It appears that those suites and NVDA have some form of incompatibility
because when used together, both become unstable.

In LibreOffice, working with a very complex spreadsheet for some time
causes NVDA to stop talking (using F2 to reestablish things don't work).

In some cases, Calc totally stops responding.

Calculations with very large chunks of data (as adding cells of wntire
columns become VERY SLOW).

Change spreadsheets with PAGE DOWN and PAGE UP have strange results:
instead of speaking the name of the spreadsheet, sometimes NVDA becomes
mute.

NVDA+SPACE don't work.

And so on...

I used MS Office some time ago in a friend computer and was amazed how
well NVDA and MS suite function together, but I can't afford buying
Office :(

Em 16/09/2016 05:29, Brian's Mail list account escreveu:
I'm a bit out of touch, but does Libra and Open Office still have the
read whole document issue with nvda?
Ie it will stop before theend.
Brian

bglists@...