Re: Nvda addons

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

Humor a failing old man. Give exact steps as to how to do this. I would like to get some of my add-ons working without having to wait until the developers get around to doing so.

On 7/12/2021 4:11 PM, David Griffith wrote:

Brilliant

Thanks so much for this advice.

I did this for the disabled allegedly incompatible mp3DirectCut addon which I use all the time and it now seems to work perfectly with the latest NVDA.

Thanks again.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: John Isige
Sent: 12 July 2021 20:32
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Nvda addons

Speaking of addons, is there some easier process for review or something? Because on the off chance that it worked, I changed minimum and last tested versions to 2021.1 for the Extended Winamp addon, copied the whole thing into my addons folder, and it works. So 2021.1 didn't break any compatibility, it just needs two changes in manifest.ini and it works. It took me less than a minute. There's no reason to have to wait for the original developer to do that kind of thing, is there?

On 7/12/2021 2:24 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hi Joseph,

OK, I downloaded your add-ons--which or some reason i thought I had properly updated. However some others have not been updated. They are:
an extended add module for Winamp music player
clock
day of the week
Mozilla apps enhancement
systray list
I checked the website: https://addons.nvda-project.org and none of these have yet been made compatible.

On 7/12/2021 11:01 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Can you go through the list of add-ons you've got and tell me the ersions of Add-on Updater and Windows App Essentials you are using? If you've got:

  • Add-on Updater 21.05.1 or earlier
  • Windows 10 App Essentials earlier than 21.06

You must install these, restart NVDA right away, and then check for NVDA updates.

Cheers,

Joseph

--
Signature:
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement  and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!

--
Signature: