Re: DECtalk Add-on for NVDA

Arlene

I can’t believe dectalk synth still exists.  I used to have a dectalk express. Like I said mine died 11 or 12 years ago.  I haven’t looked for the addon since then.  I haven’t looked back at it since.  I’m glad it’s still around for those who still use it and like me. Got spoiled and can’t give it up.  It took me a long time to not want it anymore.  For those who use Dectalk all the world to you.  Since I haven’t used it I don’t want it back. 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: July 12, 2021 2:33 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] decktalk addon for nvda

I would also love a dectalk add-on for NVDA, as it is what I am used to using with window-eyes.

Simon

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2021 9:07 PM

Yes, so do I.  Much much more!  For one thing, eloquence doesn’t know how to pitch its voice.  If you have a long sentence without commas or other punctuation, it will wind down, as if it has a dead battery.  Then, when it encounters the next mark, it sort of takes a breath, and the voice goes back up to the top.  That is only one thing I don’t like about eloquence.  Pam.

Sent: Friday, July 09, 2021 10:12 PM

David Grossgan used to have a website that have the Dectalk add-ons include Access 32. But, that add-on was out of support eversince NVDA 2019.3. Personally, I like Dectalk more than EloquencePersonal preference 

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.