Re: In NVDA, most Microsoft OneCore voices are the same voice for me.

Chris

As already suggested , did you restart after removal?

From: John Isige
Sent: 13 July 2021 18:08
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] In NVDA, most Microsoft OneCore voices are the same voice for me.

Huh. Definitely some kind of Windows issue, yeah. I removed all of the extra voices, except for Ireland which doesn't have a removal button, which is a problem I suspect. Weirdly, all the voices still show up in the voice list, even though I've removed them. So there's definitely something weird going on. Unless anybody has any ideas, I'll probably just leave it alone. I suspect to really remove everything at this point and start fresh we're talking registry stuff, and I am not qualified to deal with that at all.

It sounds like the OneCore voices / languages might have been corrupted - I've seen that happen (with various results) elsewhere - try removing and re-adding a language / language pack and see if that helps.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 2:10 PM John Isige <gwynn@...> wrote:

Rebooted the PC, this has actually been going on for a while. I assumed it was just Windows being messed up. I also restarted with addons disabled, and no difference whatsoever. It's pretty weird.

Firstly,

Have you rebooted the PC since updating?  It's worth doing that as we do often see odd things like this after updating and before restarting.  Next, if you press NVDA+Q then down arrow to "Restart with add-ons disabled" does that make a difference?

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 4:13 AM John Isige <gwynn@...> wrote:

Hi all.

So I've got all of the extra English OneCore voices installed, so
Richard, Linda, James, that kind of thing. For some reason, if I set
NVDA to use the OneCore voices and change voices, all of them are David,
except for Zira and Mark. I'm pretty sure this worked at one point, but
it's obviously broken now. I've tried restarting with addons disabled,
and I still have the same issue.

I know the voices are installed properly because if I go into
settings/time & language/speech, the voices show up there and preview as
themselves. Additionally, if I run Narrator, I can change to each voice
in the list and it's actually the correct voice. Anybody have any ideas?
It's not vitally important that I get this working or anything, I mostly
use Code Factory's SAPI 5 Eloquence, but it's pretty strange, and I like
to fix those kinds of things if I can.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager