Re: DECtalk Add-on for NVDA

Pamela Dominguez

I had a trial of System Access, and I discovered it had dectalk access 32 in it.  It actually sounded better than the one in Window eyes.  But my trial ran out, and I heard they were no longer selling it.  Otherwise, I would have paid to reinstate it again.  Does this mean I still can, and how?  Pam.

From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2021 10:13 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] decktalk addon for nvda

However, Eloquence is easier to understand at fast speech rates.  I don’t have to stop and go back to check a word I didn’t understand hardly ever at a high rate, about 350 or 400 words per minute.  With Dectalk, I have to check more often.  Eloquence pronounces more words correctly without a speech dictionary.  And, while Eloquence doesn’t have as pleasant sounding a voice, the voice sounds better as you increase reading spdeed.  So each synthesizer has advantages and disadvantages.  For listening to reading at a slower speed, for reading something like a novel in a more relaxed manner, I prefer DecTalk.  For fast reading, I prefer Eloquence.

I don’t know  if you can still by DecTalk to use with System Access to go.  System Access To Go is still around but I don’t know if you can still buy synthesizers to use with it.