From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 9:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] latest NVDA caps announcement

This definitely sounds like an issue with the Code Factory voices - I would definitely let them know - at the very least, they might say "Oh yes, that's deliberate", but most likely, they will be able to look into it for you.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 8:16 AM <benmoxey@...> wrote:

Hi everyone

I use the standard SAPI 5 version of Eloquence, as opposed to the NVDA plug-in so I can also use it with Narrator etc.

I can confirm that this has been an on-going issue when running Narrator using the SAPI 5 version of Eloquence, even when you have it set to change pitch, rather than announce cap.

The cap announcement when using the SAPI 5 version of Eloquence with NVDA 2000.4 is working as expected.

The cap announcement when running the SAPI 5 version of Eloquence with NVDA 2021.1 is saying “c a p” before the letter.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers

ben