Re: In NVDA, most Microsoft OneCore voices are the same voice for me.

John Isige

Modern NVDA has a rate boost for them. If you're one of the crazy people who cranks things up super fast I guess it might not be fast enough for you, but it's pretty gabbly at 100 with rate boost on. I generally have Eloquence at 75, this is the Code Factory SAPI 5 version, and OneCore at 40 or 45 with rate boost on. That works fine for me.

On 7/13/2021 9:02 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 08:45 PM, Gene wrote:
You can speed them up but others will have to discuss that.
-
And it has been discussed, in depth, multiple times.

The easiest way is to increase the rate to 100% under Windows, then you can "further increase" it using NVDA's settings.  I know that someone has written about getting into OneCore Voice internals and how to tweak those  to get an even more radical increase in speed, but I can't seem to find that now.

Sarah Alawami mentioned the above technique here:  https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/59349

      ~ Brian Vogel