Re: Clip speak

tim

That page is as useless as most of the add ons.

On 7/14/2021 4:19 AM, David Griffith wrote:

I don’t know why it is not on the Community  add-ons page but the NVDA Global Commands Extension add-on add the ability to both detect and announce copy and paste and select, as far as I can see as well as Jaws does for NVDA in it s default  settings. So install that and the problem is sorted. I stopped using ClipSpeak ages ago.

It includes a host of other invaluable features as well.  I especially use the multiple level volume controls, quick access to speech history and system tray short cuts. It also adds a setting to enable NVDA, like Jaws, to loop around with single letter navigation to the top of web pages if no more elements are found. So if you press H for heading and there are no more headings it will announce that you are going back to the top of the page and find the first heading again for you.  The announcement makes this better than Jaws as you are clearly told what is happening. I find this particularly useful. This specific feature is not enabled by default  in Global Commands Extension and you have to enable it in settings.

The best way to learn all the host of available features is to hit NVDA plus J  which plays a tone to indicate that a layered series of commands have been enabled ,  a bit like Jaws plus spacebar.  Now hitting the H key will open all the available commands in a menu from which you can cursor up and down to easily run each command and at the same time learn the keyboard shortcuts for each command.

I think it is a brilliant add-on and gets regularly updated through automatic notifications which come up in NVDA to invite update.

I have an older version of the actual add-on install but which the add on updated itself through NVDA to be compatible with the latest version. Presumably you will need the latest initial add on version to work in the latest NVDA. A web search should find it I think.

I will try and find it myself if no search can find it.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10