Re: Clip speak

brice Mijares

On 7/14/2021 8:13 AM, David Mehler wrote:
Hello David,

I'm not finding this addon, but am definitely interested in it. If
you've got a url that would be great or maybe the dev could put it on
the community addons page.

Thanks.
DAve.

On 7/14/21, tim <z2004a1@...> wrote:
That page is as useless as most of the add ons.

On 7/14/2021 4:19 AM, David Griffith wrote:
I don’t know why it is not on the Community  add-ons page but the NVDA
Global Commands Extension add-on add the ability to both detect and
announce copy and paste and select, as far as I can see as well as Jaws
does for NVDA in it s default  settings. So install that and the problem
is sorted. I stopped using ClipSpeak ages ago.

It includes a host of other invaluable features as well.  I especially use
the multiple level volume controls, quick access to speech history and
system tray short cuts. It also adds a setting to enable NVDA, like Jaws,
to loop around with single letter navigation to the top of web pages if no
more elements are found. So if you press H for heading and there are no
more headings it will announce that you are going back to the top of the
page and find the first heading again for you.  The announcement makes
this better than Jaws as you are clearly told what is happening. I find
this particularly useful. This specific feature is not enabled by default
 in Global Commands Extension and you have to enable it in settings.

The best way to learn all the host of available features is to hit NVDA
plus J  which plays a tone to indicate that a layered series of commands
have been enabled ,  a bit like Jaws plus spacebar.  Now hitting the H key
will open all the available commands in a menu from which you can cursor
up and down to easily run each command and at the same time learn the
keyboard shortcuts for each command.

I think it is a brilliant add-on and gets regularly updated through
automatic notifications which come up in NVDA to invite update.

I have an older version of the actual add-on install but which the add on
updated itself through NVDA to be compatible with the latest version.
Presumably you will need the latest initial add on version to work in the
latest NVDA. A web search should find it I think.

I will try and find it myself if no search can find it.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10