locked Re: IBM TTS is not working in NVDA

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 12:18 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
That synth is illegal.
-
I have it on very good authority that IBM TTS has a legal source for the libraries (and that includes license information clearly noting that) and there exists an NVDA Add-On for same.  I expect that the person who shared this information will also end up sharing it here.

Eloquence and IBM TTS are not one and the same, either.

It was not IBM TTS that I raised my objection to, but the website previously referenced in this topic.  They used to have a Groups.io group that was shut down because their site is what amounts to an open market for hacked/cracked/pirated software.  This is problematic from both a legal and ethical standpoint, and Groups.io as an entity, and the NVDA Group as a group, cannot permit discussion of hacked/cracked/pirated software or marketplaces for same.

      ~ Brian Vogel