locked Re: IBM TTS is not working in NVDA

dennis huckle

Just a quick point Brian.

I totally agree.

This web site was promoting a crack version of jaws 2021.

I don’t mind admitting I asked sight and sound in the uk to inform freedom scientific of this and, as I understand they can’t promote the ibmtts or jaws any more.

A lot of work goes in to development these products as it does with nvda and to “whistle blow” these sites in my view is to be welcome.

People coming across such sites should inform developers of nvda, jaws etc and hope to stop this practice.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 14 July 2021 17:56
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] IBM TTS is not working in NVDA

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 12:18 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

That synth is illegal.

-
I have it on very good authority that IBM TTS has a legal source for the libraries (and that includes license information clearly noting that) and there exists an NVDA Add-On for same.  I expect that the person who shared this information will also end up sharing it here.

Eloquence and IBM TTS are not one and the same, either.

It was not IBM TTS that I raised my objection to, but the website previously referenced in this topic.  They used to have a Groups.io group that was shut down because their site is what amounts to an open market for hacked/cracked/pirated software.  This is problematic from both a legal and ethical standpoint, and Groups.io as an entity, and the NVDA Group as a group, cannot permit discussion of hacked/cracked/pirated software or marketplaces for same.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

~ Brian Vogel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.