locked Re: IBM TTS is not working in NVDA

Mohamed

Yes, it is, and was found last year. It's rather deeply buried, but can be found on the FTP server if you know where to look.

On 7/14/2021 4:04 PM, Mallard wrote:
Hello,

Given the fact that I second the message below, I ahve a real, honestquestion about IBM tts.

Isn't Viavoice freely obtainable from IBM's ftp?

As a former IBM employee, I think it is, but I stand corrected if I'm wrong.

Thanks to anyone who will want to clarify this for me.

Ciao, stay safe,

Ollie

On 14/07/2021 19:38, Brian Vogel wrote:
Dennis,

We're of precisely the same mind.  I had private discussions with Eric Damery of Vispero about this site, and the now defunct group they had on Groups.io, a bit over a year ago.  I was one who reported their group to Groups.io administration and they were shut down on Groups.io very shortly afterward.

When you have software developers producing commercial software for a niche market (and screen readers define niche market) you are literally starving the people that have fed you by pirating or hacking/cracking that software.  It's also theft, pure and simple.

That site is a den of thieves, and has remained so, and they're proud of their thievery and present themselves as "doing a service for the worldwide blind community."  Well, if what they're doing is a service, it's one I'd far rather do without.

/I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are./

      ~ Brian Vogel