locked Re: IBM TTS is not working in NVDA

Mohamed

Hi Brian, the downloads are located in /software/websphere/voicetoolkit/InstallShield/VT6.0TP/Languages/TTS/win/. The ttsdata.jar files are just zip files with renamed extensions, and they contain standard InstallShield installers that install an unrestricted copy of ViaVoice TTS 6.7.3.2 that anything complying with IBM's publicly documented API can use. They also exist, although with fewer languages, in /sns/asi.

On 7/14/2021 4:24 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 04:04 PM, Mallard wrote:
Isn't Viavoice freely obtainable from IBM's ftp?
-
I have been pointed to this IBM site (obviously official, and if you paste it into most browsers it will redirect since FTP support has been deprecated):  ftp.software.ibm.com

I have no idea of exactly where to look, but have been told that the TTS DLLs (or I'd presume we're talking DLLs) are there for download and that licensing information is vague, at best.  There is a ton of stuff on that site, so I have no way of determining where, specifically, to drill down into.

This is a completely open FTP server, as in it uses old style FTP and there is no login requirement.  That's about as open a door as one can get.

      ~ Brian Vogel