Re: Journal Software

Bob Cole

Hi, Gene.

When I relied more heavily upon magnification, I used an application called RedNotebook[1] for journaling. It had a calendar built into it displayed very journal entry per day written. Al that you would have to do is to activate a date on the calendar which had a journal entry. It offered other features such as the adding of pictures and other things of that nature. I don't know much about programming/APIs, but it was written in Qt, I believe. Unfortunately, it is mostly inaccessible to NVDA. It has a simple interface, but it allowed for a quick way to access journal entries as well as the ability to print out to PDF.

The features described on the application's page are pretty much what I'm looking for in an application of this nature.

I guess I really like the idea of compartmentalization which is not particularly offered by a standard word processor.

Thank you so much for your suggestion and thoughts on this!

LINKS:
[1] https://rednotebook.sourceforge.io/