Re: Journal Software

Don Robinson

I wonder if Diarium — Private Diary / Daily Journal would work for you? Personally, I have been using Textmaker, and now Word to keep a journal of my activities at our summer cabin for at least the last 15 years. I have been able to sort by date and search for any subject/text I have needed.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Cole
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2021 9:37 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Journal Software

Hi, Gene.

When I relied more heavily upon magnification, I used an application called RedNotebook[1] for journaling. It had a calendar built into it displayed very journal entry per day written. Al that you would have to do is to activate a date on the calendar which had a journal entry. It offered other features such as the adding of pictures and other things of that nature. I don't know much about programming/APIs, but it was written in Qt, I believe. Unfortunately, it is mostly inaccessible to NVDA. It has a simple interface, but it allowed for a quick way to access journal entries as well as the ability to print out to PDF.

The features described on the application's page are pretty much what I'm looking for in an application of this nature.

I guess I really like the idea of compartmentalization which is not particularly offered by a standard word processor.

Thank you so much for your suggestion and thoughts on this!

LINKS:
[1] https://rednotebook.sourceforge.io/