Re: Journal Software

Ben J. Bloomgren

John,

I hadn't thought about OneNote. I always hear about how replete that platform is, so I'm following the page which you've just sent us. Thanks a bunch, and happy jaw harping!

Ben

On Jul 15, 2021 10:51, John Isige <gwynn@...> wrote:

QT has an accessibility mode or interface or whatever ,so you might see if they'd be willing to use that. Also, though I haven't used it because I haven't needed a journal app, if you've got Windows 10, you've got access to OneNote, which might work for this sort of thing.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/basic-tasks-using-a-screen-reader-with-onenote-32cd532b-d5d4-442b-bc13-1d0ad2016377#PickTab=Windows_10_app

You can do notebooks, sections, and pages, so you could have say, a notebook per year, a section per month, something like that. You should have a pretty flexible organization scheme, and you can name the sections and I think the pages as well. So it should be pretty easy to navigate and find things.

On 7/15/2021 11:36 AM, Bob Cole wrote:
Hi, Gene.

When I relied more heavily upon magnification, I used an application called RedNotebook[1] for journaling. It had a calendar built into it displayed very journal entry per day written. Al that you would have to do is to activate a date on the calendar which had a journal entry. It offered other features such as the adding of pictures and other things of that nature. I don't know much about programming/APIs, but it was written in Qt, I believe. Unfortunately, it is mostly inaccessible to NVDA. It has a simple interface, but it allowed for a quick way to access journal entries as well as the ability to print out to PDF.

The features described on the application's page are pretty much what I'm looking for in an application of this nature.

I guess I really like the idea of compartmentalization which is not particularly offered by a standard word processor.

Thank you so much for your suggestion and thoughts on this!

LINKS:
[1] https://rednotebook.sourceforge.io/