Re: Voices With NVDA Question Please.

Monte Single

The male voice you hear when nvda first started, might be David. It and the Zira voice are both part of the micro soft 1core voiceds that come with win10.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of janet
Sent: July 15, 2021 2:58 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Voices With NVDA Question Please.

Hi Everyone,

While I'm trying to get used to NVDA, as I am coming from JAWS after 30 years. I like it so far, but I have more to learn about it.

My question is what is the name of the male voice that first comes on when installing NVDA? I like that voice, if I could only speed up the voice, I would like that even better! I am currently using Zira not sure of the spelling or the name though. I do like that voice also. Is the Zira voice from Windows?

Thank you all in advance for any help.

Janet

Peace Be With You.