Re: NVDA Add-On that announces that Cut, Copy, & Paste have been triggered

David Griffith

I think the poster may be confusing the functions of Jaws and NVDA – as far as I am aware there is no inbuilt ability to use an append command in NVDA as in Jaws though I would be glad to be proven wrong.

Hence I don’t believe what she is asking for is possible as NVDA would obviously not announce a function that it does not have in the first place.

To check I opened the command quick reference and there is no reference to append in there at least a search could not find it.

I think the nearest thing which can be accessed with NVDA is the inbuilt Windows Clipboard history As far as I am aware this simply records text copied to clipboard and accessed through Windows V, not as a single appended content as offered by Jaws.

David Griffith.

t

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 15 July 2021 23:12
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] your assistance

I am uncertain as to what is being asked for as far as append.  Can someone explain?

--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

~ Brian Vogel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.