Re: Journal Software

Tony Malykh

I have been keeping a journal for years in plain text format. Having said this I don't necessarily want to convince you of anything, but I would like to understand why plain notepad wouldn't work for you? In your message you mentioned that you would like to be able to quickly access entries from the past - that can be quite easily accomplished with searching in notepad. So I feel perhaps you forgot to mention some other desired functionality that you cannot achieve with plain notepad?

On 7/15/2021 3:56 AM, Bob Cole wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I have really been wanting to start keeping a journal.

I don't particularly want to do something like this in Word, LibreOffice, or any other word processor. I would ultimately love to find something which would allow me to quickly access past entries if I would ever want to look back at them. I have been on the hunt for a dedicated journal writing application, but am not finding one that is fully accessible. I used RedNotebook when I used screen magnification much more regularly, but now that I rely on NVDA much more than anything, I want to be able to write a journal with as little use of vision as possible.

Are there any fully (or mostly) accessible apps out there for keeping a journal?

If not...I have recently been thinking of trying to develop my programming skills (which are minimal at best at present) and try to figure out what it would take to develop one myself.

I appreciate any input!

Thanks, everyone!