Re: Voices With NVDA Question Please.

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Janet,

The voice that comes on when you first install NVDA is Max. He's in the E-speak synthesizer.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

On 7/15/2021 1:58 PM, janet wrote:
Hi Everyone,

While I'm trying to get used to NVDA, as I am coming from JAWS after 30 years. I like it so far, but I have more to learn about it.

My question is what is the name of the male voice that first comes on when installing NVDA? I like that voice, if I could only speed up the voice, I would like that even better! I am currently using Zira not sure of the spelling or the name though. I do like that voice also. Is the Zira voice from Windows?

Thank you all in advance for any help.

Janet

Peace Be With You.