Re: reading status bar with nvda

The keyboard shortcut for reading the status bar is:

Desktop Keyboard Layout:   NVDA + End

Laptop Keyboard Layout:  NVDA + Shift + End

It is unclear to me whether you are actually using laptop keyboard layout or just using a laptop.  If the latter, and it has a number pad as part of its keyboard, NVDA could be set to be using desktop keyboard layout.  Take a look at NVDA settings, specifically NVDA + N, P, S, then the keyboard pane to see how things are set up.  I use desktop keyboard layout on all my laptops because they have full-sized keyboards with number pads.

      ~ Brian Vogel