Re: reading status bar with nvda

mukesh jain

hello,
i am using laptop with external full size keyboard attached with it. i
have tried set up keyboard layout to desktop in NVDA setting and then
tried to use NVDA (INSERT KEY)+SHIFT+END KEY as suggested but still
NVDA announces no status line found.
thanks,
Mukesh

The keyboard shortcut for reading the status bar is:

Desktop Keyboard Layout:   NVDA + End

Laptop Keyboard Layout:  NVDA + Shift + End

It is unclear to me whether you are actually using laptop keyboard layout or
just using a laptop.  If the latter, and it has a number pad as part of its
keyboard, NVDA could be set to be using desktop keyboard layout.  Take a
look at NVDA settings, specifically NVDA + N, P, S, then the keyboard pane
to see how things are set up.  I use desktop keyboard layout on all my
laptops because they have full-sized keyboards with number pads.

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.
The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression,
which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the
clearest indicator of who you are.

~ Brian Vogel