Re: Voices With NVDA Question Please.

Marten Post Uiterweer

Ort ctrl-win-n for narrator settings.

Regards, Marten

On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 10:33:49 +0100 "Chris Mullins" <cjmullins29@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi
You can edit Narrator settings as follows:
Pres Windows+I to open settings dialog
Press tab once to enter list of Categories, then arrow down to “Ease of Access” and press enter
In the next dialog, press tab once to enter the list of sub-categories and arrow down to “Narrator” and press enter
Tab through the controls in this dialog box, you will find lots of Narrator settings including Voice, pitch and rate.  Change as required, then press alt+F4 to exit the dialog.

Cheers
Chris

Sent from <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>Mail for Windows 10

From: <mailto:janet.harvard@outlook.com>janet
Sent: 16 July 2021 01:06
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Voices With NVDA Question Please.

Gene,
That’s a good question, I wish I knew. The voice that comes on my machine is not even close to David or Mark though. Do you know how I can raise the speech rate on Narrator? I would like to see just how much more Narrator will sound if I raise the speech rate. I’m very sure the voice I am talking about and the Narrator voice are very similar.

Janet