Re: speech rate changes to defaults

If this is changing in Windows itself, and that's how I read what has been offered so far, then my standard advice for fixing "Windows Weirdnesses" applies:

1. Using SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) to Repair Windows 8 & 10
then, if that didn't fix the issue:
2. Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file

Neither of the above can hurt anything.

      ~ Brian Vogel