Re: Is the NVDA Commands Quick Reference available in some searchable document format? (e.g. PDF, docx)

Tyler Spivey

There are a couple things you can try.
1. Just open the quick reference in word. The address bar of your browser will tell you where it is. Word should then import the file, and let you re-save it as .docx.
2. Select all in your browser and copy it. Don't use NVDA's selection, you want the browser selection. Paste that in Word.

Either of these should give you what you want.

On 7/17/2021 1:10 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
I really don't know the answer to that question
I realize that I can open it in the browser and search there, but I often like to save this sort of thing as a PDF that I can search whenever I wish.  However, when I do that either using the PDF Creator virtual printer or Google's Print as PDF option, I cannot OCR process the resulting file such that it's searchable.  This is most peculiar, given that the entire thing is mostly text.  I even tried on an old copy I'd saved from 2018.1 and that didn't work.
I'd just like to have this documentation in some sort of format besides HTML that I can search in for specific text.
/I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are./
      ~ Brian Vogel