Re: Is the NVDA Commands Quick Reference available in some searchable document format? (e.g. PDF, docx)

On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 05:27 PM, Jackie wrote:
printing using the Microsoft print to
pdf utility also works.
-
I'll also try that, but what I'm trying to say is that none of these print to PDF options is generating a searchable PDF, and even if I manually run OCR on those files in PDF-XChange Viewer, and save the result, I get nada as far as searchability.

It's the strangest thing I've ever encountered.  I would have thought, given that the source HTML file is almost purely text based, that any resulting PDF generated via any virtual printer method would have defaulted to being a searchable PDF with no need to do OCR processing on it to begin with.

But the OCR just not working is just bizarre.  I've done OCR on source material many times that were image scanned PDFs with "sketchy quality" source material or scanning or both, where the OCR results are perfect or close to it.  Strange . . .

      ~ Brian Vogel