From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2021 12:36 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] speech rate changes to defaults

For accuracy and completeness, I should add that its possible something might go wrong with NVDA and no settings would be saved when they are saved either automatically or manually.  That is very unlikely and since no settings would be saved, that would likely have been discussed if it were the cause of the problem.

Aside from that, the only time I can think of automatic saving not working where manual saving would is if the program crashes on exit.  If it crashes too soon, the automatic savings function might not have run before the crash.