Adding more add-ons to the core

Gene

Off and on it is stated that an add-on will be added to the core.  I don’t recall this being discussed before, but since this is the second time in perhaps two years or less that a lot or most add-ons have been made incompatible, it raises the question if more should be added.

How often is this likely to happen and at what point are add-ons going to be more likely to be lost through attrition if developers don’t want to keep updating them?  Perhaps more serious attention should be given to adding more of them to the core.

I know the argument about keeping NVDA small but add-ons don’t take much room and adding many of them to the core wouldn’t make the program bigger to any extent that matters.